This is my first state of the city address, and I’m proud to report that the State of the City of Peoria is Strong!
Let me start with the numbers:
- The City’s Overall Revenues totaled $252.1 million in 2021, up 15% from 2020.
- Overall expenditures totaled $230.4 million in 2021, up 7% from 2020.
- The City of Peoria was able to weather the worst of the pandemic financially!
- Revenues in the City’s general fund are up 32%. These Revenues were boosted in 2021 by a 34% increase in State revenues totaling $54.9 million. The largest growth was seen in sales and income tax receipts.
- Local revenue sources are up 24% with the largest increase seen in home rule sales tax.
- The City was also the recipient of $47 million in American Rescue Plan Act Funding – a big relief needed to make investments we would not have otherwise been able to make. ARPA funding had a huge positive impact on our budget.
And the City’s $60 million capital budget this year is the largest in more than twenty years. The primary investment is in our infrastructure – our roads, sidewalks, smart street lighting, facilities, and equipment.
Peoria, we are Resilient!
READ THE ENTIRE ADDRESS ON THE CITY’S WEBSITE http://www.peoriagov.org/