COVID-19 Vaccine Information
We’ve started administering the COVID-19 vaccine to the public while following the guidelines developed by state and local public health departments. Here’s what you can expect from us:
- Based on state and local public health guidelines, if you identify as an eligible individual based off age, we will notify you via phone, direct mail and/or through MyUnityPoint when you are eligible to schedule an appointment.
- If you identify as an eligible individual based off your place of employment or occupation, we encourage you to closely monitor communication from your local public health department. We will continue to partner with local public health departments on the best strategies to vaccinate and broadly communicate to these groups of individuals.
- We expect COVID-19 vaccines to be widely available to the general public later in 2021. Please note that community members aren’t able to sign up for the vaccine in advance.
In the meantime, we encourage everyone, including those who have received the vaccine, to wear a face covering, social distance and wash your hands frequently in order to help reduce your risk of COVID-19.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus 2019-nCov)
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Put distance between yourself and other people. This is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting very sick.
- If you are sick, please stay home.
- Wear a mask where requested.